Property Owners Insurance

If you own a property or property portfolio that you let out to a tenant, whether it is commercial or residential, then A&T have an insurance solution for you. At A&T, we have specialist teams to deal with both commercial and residential property insurance and even a specialist sub-team who work with clients looking to insurance blocks of flats. It's fair to say that Property Insurance is an area where A&T have vast amounts of knowledge and experience, but above all, A&T works with some of the UK's top property insurers to make sure that clients always get a great deal. 

A&T currently work with individuals who have a single investment property all the way through to investment companies with millions of pounds invested in properties across the UK. There is an insurance solution for everyone, but not all are created equal! Our dedicated team will work with you to gain a clear understanding of your needs and design an insurance package that gives you complete protection and peace of mind. Through providing access to market leading policies at competitive rates and delivering exceptional customer service, our aim is to become one of your trusted professional advisers.

We will help you find the right protection which can include:

  • Buildings cover - could pay for repairs in the event of a fire, sudden flooding or vandalism for example.
  • Landlord's contents insurance - if you supply furniture or appliances in your buy-to-let property, this will help provide protection against theft or damage.
  • Public liability insurance for landlords - also called Property Owner's Liability or Landlord's Liability Insurance which will help step in should a claim be made against you by a tenant or one of their guests or customers for an accident that occurred on your property.
  • Loss of rent - an unexpected event could require your tenants to move out of your property and your rental income to cease for a period of time, but a loss of rent insurance policy or business interruption insurance will step in until you can get your tenants back in.
  • Rent Guarantee Insurance - this is different from a loss of rent insurance policy and covers your income should your tenant defaults on their rent payments. 
  • Employers' Liability Insurance - if you employ anyone like a gardener, cleaner or an individual to undertake maintenance of your properties, you will require employers' liability insurance as this is a legal requirement and could lead to heavy fines if you are found not to have it.
  • Directors & Officers Insurance - if an actual or alleged error is made by a director of the property company, a Directors' & Officers' Liability Insurance policy can provide defence costs and indemnity cover to them where they would otherwise be personally liable. 

Health & Safety Risk Assessments

Maintaining a safe, updated property and mitigating potential risks will help prevent liability claims from your tenants that could become a costly and unwanted expense. We know that it can be easy to forget about health and safety until it's too late which is why we will provide you with access to our ever-expanding library of resources, including detailed checklists and updates on how to comply with new legislation or regulations that are relevant to you. 

Claims Assistance

It's just a fact that accidents happen. If you’re covered through Alan & Thomas, our in-house claims team will manage the process on your behalf and help to negotiate a settlement with your insurer at no additional cost to you. Our friendly and efficient team will help get you back in business before you know it!

Property Enquiry

Complete the fields below to send us a message about how we can help with your property insurance requirements. 

Contact Us

For commercial or residential property insurance enquiries speak to:

Annamaria McLoughlin
01202 754903

If you are looking to insure a block of flats, speak to:

Jennie Davies
0800 731 6242


Get a Quote