Ski season is on the horizon so you need to make sure you have the right travel cover to take with you
Winter is a great time to get away and have a bit of fun but your holiday can go downhill if you find yourself without the right cover after a skiing accident.
Your average travel insurance policy will not cover you for accidents following some winter sporting activity. According to the Association
of British Travel Agents, 31% of people who go on a skiing holiday do not have the cover they need for that type of holiday.
You need to make sure that your travel insurance policy covers you for:
• Emergency medical treatment including mountain search and rescue and helicopter evacuation costs.
• Cover for your specialist sporting equipment like skis and protective clothing.
• Cover in the event your ski pass is lost or stolen.
• Cover in the event that the slopes are closed.
• Cover in the event of inclement weather - such as a blizzard or avalanche.
• Cover if you choose to go off-piste.
Contact your usual A&T contact today to check your policy is adequate before you go on holiday.
If you don’t already have travel insurance, call us on 01202 754964 today.